2007 in Review

Well, I didn't come close to meeting any of my 2007 reading goals. I still feel it was a relatively successful year, but I wish I had more hours in the day to curl up with a book.

Reading Goals v. Reality
Read a total of100 books in the year = I only reached 73
Read 25 Non-fiction = Read 17
Read 10 "Classics" = Read 6

The Year in Genres
I read the following number of books in these genres. Assume everything else if fiction. For my purposes, Chick Lits are not romances and "Classics" are anything that is considered a "Must Read" in its genre.

Non-Fiction = 17
Classics = 6
Romance = 20
Graphic Novels = 5

The Year in Ratings
It was a slightly better than average year, but there were no standouts; not a single 10 amongst the bunch.

10 = 0
9 = 1
8 = 8
7 = 17
6 = 14
5 = 19
4 = 3
3 =5
2 = 2
1 = 4

The Ten Best Books of 2007
I am not counting books that are reread. Now for the drum roll.

10. Inventing Human Rights by Lynn Hunt
9. Basilica by R.A. Scotti
8. Queen of Fashion by Caroline Weber
7. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khalend Hosseini
6. A History of Reading by Alberto Manguel
5. Atonement by Ian McEwan
4. Self-Made Man by Norah Vincent
3. The Kommandant's Girl by Pam Jenoff
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
1. The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett

Hmm... I find it rather telling that most of this books are non-fiction by the top three are all genre fiction. Intriguing.

Comments