Librarians Can Be Scary

Tonight, I get to go to the first of two Halloween parties. The other is tomorrow, and both look to be quite a load of fun. I am actually making Witches Hat cookies for the second party.

Because I am oh so creative, I am going as a librarian. Seriously, you really don't want to know the ways I manage to cop out of thinking up a costume. But... not just any librarian - your stereotypical romance novel librarian.

I've got high-heeled black pumps (thank you Target), back-seamed black stockings (thank you Amazon.com - even though I have no idea how to get the seam straight), red plastic frame glasses (thank you again Target), and I will be carrying around a date due stamp (thank you Jennifer). The actual clothes of the outfit are items I already own - because, as I stated before, I think of ways to cop out of coming up with a costume. (I once went as my friend Erin.)

I threw the whole outfit on a few days ago (complete with messy bun) and thought I looked rather cute.

My two roomies are also attending these shindigs. Beth is going as a fairy (inspired by Amy Brown's art) and Jennifer is going as Uma Thurman from Pulp Fiction (the overdose scene to be exact). I can't wait to see what sorts of pictures come out of these parties. My friends go all out with the decorations so this weekend promises to be a good time.

Comments