Book Club #1

My friends and I decided that we needed an excuse to get together more often (with Chinese take-out, wine, and dessert). Since we all enjoy reading, we figured a book club would be the way to go. My friend Rose first thought of the idea after our discussion of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows went over so well.

Tonight is our first meeting. We will be discussing Ian McEwan's Atonement. I finished the book a few days ago but will forgo my review until after our book club meeting tonight. Needless to say I am very excited... and that's not just because our host Kathleen is making Mississippi mud cake.

We've decided that our book club should meet once every month or so, with one person leading the discussion. The bonus to being the leader is that you get to pick the book (with input of course, but you get the final say). I figure, when my turn finally rolls around, I will throw up a choice between a fiction, non-fiction, and graphic novel. Also, I will totally choose from the books I already own (I need to whittle down my TBR after all).

Speaking of picking books, the current poll of which Jane Austen I should read is tied. Someone go cast a tie breaker. Next vote wins!

Comments

Sounds like fun. My friends and I basically decided the same thing and will be reading mysteries.