The Ending Nears

Harry Potter. In my hands. In less than 48 hours.

Bestest. Birthday. Gift. EVER!

I don't think I've ever been this excited for my birthday. Honestly, I'm searching through my brain recalling all the birthdays I can remember and not one of them comes close to what I know will be the awesomeness of tomorrow. (The best birthday I've had so far was my 21st. That ended with my curled up like a purring cat on my bed, cuddling my water bottle. Classy.)

I made plans for this greatest of days months ago. And while I may be cutting it close with re-reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, I think everything will work out. My schedule for Glorious Birthday/Harry Potter Preparation Day:

8:00am: Wake up, brew coffee, smile and wave at roomies as they depart for their respective employment establishments
8:15am - 9:00am: Read Washington Post
9:00am - 11:00am: Continue re-reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
11:30am: Finally get around to putting on clothing, depart apartment, drop off comment card in Resident Services Center, mail book requested from Paperbackswap.com, walk to B.K. Nail Salon
Noon - 1:00pm: Pedicure (while reading either HP or another book)
1:00pm - 2:00pm: Lunch and Coffee at Caribou Coffee (while reading)
2:00pm - 2:30pm: Possibility of errands at Rite Aid, hopefully just walking back to apartment
2:30pm - 5:00pm: Finish Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

... then the real fun begins

5:30pm: Meet friends in front of Borders and pick-up line ticket
5:45pm - 6:30pm: Putz around downtown Silver Spring (because they're having an awesome night of events)
6:30pm - 7:30pm: Dinner at Panera.... delicious, delicious, Panera
7:30pm - 11:20pm: More putzing around downtown area, complete with stops at Coldstone Creamery, McGinty's Irish Pub, and possibly a movie
11:20pm: Enter Borders and begin stake out (grab and purchase copy of latest Kushiel Series book by Jacqueline Carey)
11:50pm: Put on headphones and blast music to ward of possible spoilers (I will hurt people if they let out the ending - no joke)
11:58pm: Commence hyper-hyperness of bouncing and flailing
Midnight(ish): Enter line immediately when called, get hands on book, purchase, and stroke the spine lovingly
12:15am (Hopefully): With friends, leave store and power walk to car
12:45am (Hopefully) - 3:00am: Hop into bed, read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
3:00am-10:00am: Sleep
10:00am-Whenever: Wake up, make coffee, and read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to the very end, breaking only for bites to eat, bathroom breaks, and CD changes


Just be glad I didn't put this in military time.


*jumps up in down... yes in the office*

Comments

Unknown said…
This is a great birthday gift!
And as I already have July 21:

Happy birthday!

I just love your schedule for Friday and Saturday! Enjoy the book!