While I was wandering about (because I clearly did not make plans since I was all by my onsies), I discovered a few things:
- Librarians are part pack mule - the things I saw people lugging around without breaking a sweat or with one ounce of complaint was amazing
- You could easily tell the librarians from the vendors. The vendors wore business/business casual outfits, while the librarians mixed business casual with casual.
- Librarians will attack with vicious snarls and words if you dare cut in their line for free books. I think they may bite too.
- It doesn't matter what it is, if it's free, the librarians will take it.
- Librarians are keeping the shapeless, floor length, jumper dress in fashion (a move with which I completely disagree)
- If you're under the age of 26, you're in the minority.
- Speed walking is the only walking.
- Librarians don't shush each other. In fact, they can be rather loud.