Victory on all fronts!
Since my birthday is on a Friday this year, and the book will be released into my eager hands that midnight, I have already started to make plans. Yes, I am that hyper-organized and over eager. I plan on:
- Taking off work that day (it's conveniently a half-day anyway)
- Sleeping in (to prep for the big night)
- Finishing Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (for I have to re-read all of them now)
- Putting on a party hat (or tiara - something shiny)
- Meeting friends at our friendly neighborhood Borders that will most likely be hosting another midnight party and grabbing our line tickets
- Having a meal of some sort
- Seeing a movie (most like "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix")
- Then camping out until midnight (either at Borders or the pub across the street)
- RECEIVING BOOK (and checking over it's condition before buying it - one never loses the used bookstore mentality)
- JUMPING FOR ECSTATIC JOY!!!!!!
- Walking back to my apartment as fast as humanly possible
- Putting on a Harry Potter movie soundtrack
- Reading in bed until 2:00 or 3:00 a.m.
- Arising around 10:00 a.m.
- Spend Saturday finishing the book
- Rereading the book from cover to cover on Sunday
- Monday, it's back to work where I will converse with my friends and coworkers (hopefully not spilling spoilers to those who have not yet finished it)
I think this (in both the general and particular sense) is awesome.