Book 43: The Perfect Wife

NUMBER: 43
TITLE: The Perfect Wife
AUTHOR: Victoria Alexander
STARTED: May 2, 2006
FINISHED: May 5, 2006
PAGES: 311
GENRE: Romance

FIRST SENTENCE: Awareness teased the corners of his mind.

SUMMARY: [From barnesandnoble.com] An ideal spouse, the Earl of Wyldewood has decided, should be pleasant to look at and agreeable to display on his arm. She should have little effect on his well-ordered life, and little to do with his private pursuit of pleasure. After meeting Sabrina Winfield, he thinks he has found the woman to fit the bill.

REASON FOR READING: It was nearing finals week, and I needed fluff.

THOUGHTS: I've pretty much convinced that Alexander's new books are her best. While this one was fun, it was missing the chemistry of her newer books. As I was reading this, I think I could actually see Alexander maturing as an author. The book got better as it neared the end. Once again, however, too many characters were used in too few pages. When I read a romance I want to focus on one romance. By throwing in the heroine and hero's kids' romance, I just felt whapped over the head.

MISCELLANEOUS: When bad covers attack!

KEEP/SHARE/CRINGE(?): PBSing
RATING: 5/10 [I didn't particularly like it or dislike it; mixed review]

CR: Beyond the Pale by Savannah Russe
RN: The Sandman: Endless Nights by Neil Gaiman

Comments