Book 9: The Sandman: A Game of You

NUMBER: 9
TITLE: The Sandman: A Game of You
AUTHOR: Neil Gaiman
STARTED: January 23, 2006
FINISHED: January 23, 2006
PAGES: 186
GENRE: Graphic Novels

FIRST SENTENCE: The land.

SUMMARY: [From barnesandnoble.com] Take an apartment house, mix in a drag queen, a lesbian couple, some talking animals, a talking severed head, a confused heroine, and the deadly Cuckoo. Stir vigorously with a hurricane and Morpheus himself and you get this fifth installment of the Sandman series. This story stars Barbie, who first makes an appearance in The Doll's House, who here finds herself a princess in a vivid dreamworld.

REASON FOR READING: Love it.

THOUGHTS: I felt this part of The Sandman series was the easiest to follow. I'm finally used to the art and now I find myself focusing completely on the writing and story content. I love how Gaiman incorporates so many random things to create such a fluid and complete story. His imagination continues to astound me. While parts of this story were gruesome, the overall story is still addictive.

MISCELLANEOUS: I need to bug Pete for the next few in the series.

KEEP/SHARE/CRINGE(?): Giving it back.
RATING: 7/10 [Very Good]

CR: Soap, Sex, and Cigarettes by Juliann Sivulka
RN: Leisure: The Basis of Culture by Josef Pieper

Comments