Book 82: A Christmas Carol

NUMBER: 82
TITLE: A Christmas Carol
AUTHOR: Charles Dickens
STARTED: November 9, 2005
FINISHED: November 28, 2005
PAGES: 68
GENRE: Literature

FIRST SENTENCE: Marley was dead: to begin with.

SUMMARY: [From barnesandnoble.com] A miser learns the true meaning of Christmas when three ghostly visitors review his past and foretell his future.

REASON FOR READING: Twas assigned in my ENG 205: The Literature of Fantasy class.

THOUGHTS: I've done a staged reading of this book so many times that it was nice to just sit down and read it. I love this classic tale. It's the only Dickens I've actually been able to make it through thus far. Dickens may be overly word (in my opinion) but I can't get enough of this story. I may have to make it a tradition to read it every holiday season.

MISCELLANEOUS: I love the movie version with the Disney characters.

KEEP/SHARE/CRINGE(?): Selling back to the bookstore. I want my own copy but I want a nice copy.
RATING: 7/10 [Very Good]

CR: Not Quite a Gentleman by Jacquie D'Alessandro
RN: Cruel and Unusual by Mark Crispin Miller

Comments