Book 52: Carnal Gift

NUMBER: 52
TITLE: Carnal Gift
AUTHOR: Pamela Clare
STARTED: July 17, 2005
FINISHED: July 22, 2005
PAGES: 372
GENRE: Romance

FIRST SENTENCE: Brighid Ni Maelsechnaill put the bacon and oatcakes on the table, her heart hammering with excitement.

SUMMARY: [From barnesandnoble.com] Offered to a stranger in exchange for her brother's life, a young Irish woman must confront her desire for her new lord and precariously toe the line between hate and love.

REASON FOR READING: I've read her before and thought I would try again.

THOUGHTS: This was not as good as the other Clare book I read, but it was till enjoyable. The writing was fine and the characters were well developed. I thought the book was a tad bit drawn out, but it didn't really hurt the story. I only wish that Clare spent more time in the colonies. She created this great back story and I would have loved to see it carried over into the future.

MISCELLANEOUS: She likes the steamy covers.

KEEP/SHARE/CRINGE(?): Share
RATING: 6/10 [Good]

CR: Kushiel's Avatar by Jacqueline Carey
RN: Probably another romance novel.

Comments