Book 48: Until You

NUMBER: 48
TITLE: Until You
AUTHOR: Bertrice Small
STARTED: June 30, 2005
FINISHED: July 4, 2005
PAGES: 461
GENRE: Romance

FIRST SENTENCE: "You are absolutely mad," Sir Thomas Bolton said to his cousin Rosamund as they rode across the border in Scotland.

SUMMARY: [From barnesandnoble.com] The beautiful Rosamund Bolton is determined to live her own life. Now that she has claimed her inheritance, the magnificent Friarsgate estate, and rejected her latest suitor, she has decided to travel to the court of her dear friend, Queen Margaret, in Scotland. It is against this lavish and unpredictable backdrop that she will meet the man who will forever change her destiny.

REASON FOR READING: I needed a "U" title for my alphabet list.

THOUGHTS: This book was not worth the read. I've read Small's Beloved and it didn't become worth the read until page 200 when a specific character entered the plot. I kept on thinking that the same thing would happen with Until You. I was wrong. There was nothing redeeming about this book. The dialouge was not only flat, it was too explanatory. I hate it when characters verbally express their feelings. It's just something that drives me nuts. To top it off, they two talkative characters (that were supposedly the focal point of this romance) had absolutely no chemistry.

I also felt as if Small was trying to combine three separate novels. The text had no flow and just seemed taped together with loose connections.

MISCELLANEOUS: Strike two.

KEEP/SHARE/CRINGE(?): After I'm done cringing, I'll probably give this to Mel in a book box.
RATING: 2/10 [Awful]

CR: The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss
RN: Wicked by Shannon Drake

Comments