I should follow these

Bookish Resolutions from Pages Magazine

1. I only will finish the books I am enjoying to give me time to explore more books this year.

2. I will keep a logbook of the books I read so at the end of the year I can look back and see my reading history for the year.

3. I will give the gift of a book to at least one friend each month this year.

4. I will donate a book for a children's book drive.

5. I will read to a child once a month so I can share my love of reading with a new reader and perhaps create a lifelong reader.

6. I will suggest that my book club try something new -- a new genre or a new author.

7. I will organize my books on my bookshelves in any of the following manners -- by title, by author, by genre, or even by size -- and feel good about it.

8. I will read one author who right now intimidates me.

9. Instead of baking or bringing a covered dish to an ill friend, I will seek out a book.

10. I will stop criticizing and judging others for their reading choices and instead embrace the idea that they too are enjoying a love of reading.

Comments